Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lots of Updates.....

Its been a while since I had a stock update. I have been busy with the beforeitmoves project.

A few updates.....

1. I bought some additional TATTF on October 10th for a swing trade. (Meaning I didn't want to hold it long just looking for quick gain.) I bought at $4.90 on a Friday. And Sold it on Monday October 13th for $6! A 22% profit in about 3 hours of trading. (I held it over the weekend. But bought it just before the close on Friday and sold it Monday morning) If you were on my Beforeitmoves.com yahoo list you could have made that as well. One member did better then me he made 29% on that trade.
I still hold some TATTF at a higher price and still feel it is undervalued. However with current market conditions their is always risk.

2. I also bought additional shares of DFNS (which is our stockdoubling project pick currently) These shares that I bought are NOT for the project but strictly for my own account. I bought the additional shares on October 10 and 13th for .18 per share. My goal with these shares is to sell them at a 30-60% profit once the Q3 earnings come out which will be by Nov. 15th more than likely. So these shares aren't for long term holding but for a month or so. Hopefully Q3 will be an earning surprise and the stock will move higher. I still hold the shares for the stockdoubling project in DFNS 8000 shares and am not sure when I will get out of those yet.

3. Another interesting stock I thought I would let you know about is ITRA. It recently announced it was being bought out for $4 per share. However as of yesterday you could still buy the stock for about $3.70 per share. The $4 share price will close in Dec/Jan. But if you could buy at $3.70 and get the buyout at $4. That is a .30 per share gain. Which is 8% return in about 3 months or over 30% annualized return. Not a bad return at all better than putting your money in CD's at 3%. Just a thought. Of course the shareholders could turn down the buyout offer (Not likely) but the company has a decent business it would recover some if that did happen. I DO NOT OWN THAT STOCK. AND DON'T RECOMMEND IT. IF YOU DO BUY IT MAKE SURE YOU CAN STAY IN IT FOR THE ENTIRE PROCESS 2-3 MONTHS!

4. I have been doing a lot of research for the StockDoubling Project #2 pick. Which will ONLY be sent to those MEMBERS of BeforeItMoves.com I have narrowed the stocks down from 600+ stocks I orginally looked at to 10 currently. I will continue to research and knock out stocks in the coming days. However I may want to jump on this one soon in case it is ready to really move higher.
So if you aren't a member of BeforeitMoves.com get the 5 day trial today and get setup before we start we this pick.

I wish you ever success in trading.
Steve Hoven
New email address steve @ stockdoubling.com (take away the spaces)

No comments: