Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 9th news for the blog

I considered selling some shares in DFNS today at .62 (only for my IRA)

Currently I only have DFNS in both my stockdoubling account and my IRA I have no other stocks and no other money in my accounts so like I said I am ALL IN on DFNS.

I had my order in but it didn't get filled I was planning on purchases some shares of CAGC. They should come out with their Q2 August 15th as well. And historically that is their biggest quarter. Even though they have added a bunch of shares I still look for a monster quarter. It wasn't going to be a long term hold just look for a pop back to the $3.50-$3.80 range.

And the only reason I was going to do it is so I could be a bit diversified although I feel DFNS will have a monster quarter I don't want to necessary be at its mercy if it doesn't.

I am not willing to sell lower though so if I find an exit at .62 on DFNS prior to earnings I may still take it.
ONLY FOR 2700 shares in my IRA. I OWN OVER 15,000 SHARES.

8000 shares for the STOCKDOUBLING project which WON'T be sold until $1 unless otherwise noted.
2450 shares for a personal account that if all turns out well will be a nice trip for my wife this winter.
4700 shares for my IRA (of which I would sell 2700 to buy 500 shares of CAGC)

Anyway I didn't get the price I wanted so I didn't sell. I don't have an order in at this time if I do see that price I will sell some shares. (assuming CAGC doesn't come out with earnings prior to that.)

Thought I would keep you posted.

Dealing with that much money all in one stock and being that it is all my money at my brokers right now with none on the sidelines thought I would diversify a bit.

If I had only a couple thousand or less I wouldn't worry about it.

AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STOCKDOUBLING PROJECT SHARES. I DON'T PLAN ON SELLING THOSE SHARES UNTIL WE HIT $1 AT THIS POINT.

Talk to you friday
Steve Hoven
alleycatnews@alleycatnews.net

No comments: